Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Time To Head North

With a busy race season already in the works, I’m adding a little more to my plate. Since I had such a good time at the 2010 Catawba Riverfront Classic here in Charlotte, I’ve decided to participate in a few more races in the Southern Classic Series. I know, I’m a little late to the party, but there are still a few races left. Up next is the Shootout On Anglers Ridge in Danville, Virginia this Sunday.



Wait, I’m driving all the way to Virginia for a mountain bike race? You betcha. It’s only about two hours away, and I think that it would be nice to “race” on a trail that I’ve never even ridden on. Plus, it would be kinda cool to take a road trip to another state to ride my bike (other than Florida, which I will be doing again this summer by the way.) I have no illusions of winning anything at this particular race, but I’m sure I’ll enjoy the experience. From what I hear, the trails there are super fun, and also super tough. I enjoy torturing myself on the bike, so this shit is right up my alley.


I’m planning on arriving at the race venue with just enough time to register, take a little practice run, and get to racin’. I’ll just give it all I have, and see what happens. I’m sure the locals there own that trail, but I’ll try my best to give them a run for their money (or mine, since I’m paying my own entry fee.) If you have nothing better to do this weekend, then come on up to Danville, VA and join me. You know you crave adventure and excitement.


Moving on, I thought I should tell you about a special deal going on over at Backcountry Research. My good friends over there are now offering discounts on the Awesome Strap, if you buy just one or if you get the ever-so-famous Whammer Deal.



What the hell is the Whammer Deal, you ask? Well, you can order up any combination of the Alpha Niner, Back Forty (my personal favorite), or the original Awesome Strap for one low price. A combo deal, if you will. You want fries with that?



Don’t have an awesome strap yet? What the hell are you waiting for? Buy one now, and you’ll be happy you did. Better yet, choose the Whammer Deal and get three for a helluva deal. You will be the envy of all your friends (if you have any.) Let’s face it; it’s the only way that some of us will ever be Awesome.

No comments: