Friday, March 12, 2010

When Will It End?





I’m obviously not talking about this week, since today is Friday. I’m talking about the newest bout of shitty weather we’re having here in the Charlotte area. We’ve had a pretty good amount of rain the past few days, and it is much needed, at least according to one of our local weather forecasters. Really? How can we need MORE rain? We are already in a surplus for the year, and it hasn’t been that long since the last round of precipitation. I’m sorry if I’m coming off a little grumpy, but I was just thinking about how this will affect my riding chances this weekend. I know, it’s a little selfish of me, but I don’t give a shit. Most of you that visit this sorry excuse for online reading material every day would probably like to get outside and ride as well. If you don’t, then good for you. Enjoy your video games and television.


We were having such great weather around here earlier in the week, and I’ve been able to take advantage of it. I rode on the nice days, so what’s the big deal, right? Well, I’ll tell ya what the big deal is. I need to ride, and not just for my sanity this time. I’m trying to get in as many miles as possible to get me ready for the 6 Hours of Warrior Creek, which will be here before I know it. Yup, in just three short weeks I’ll be out riding in the mountains for six hours, likely talking to myself and overdosing on gel shots.


Not only do I need to get in good “mileage” for this upcoming endeavor, but I also had plans for this weekend. A couple of us were planning on heading up to the Kerr Scott Trail System this weekend so I can see what the hell I got myself into. As of now, I’m not sure if we are still going. I am hoping like hell the trails will be ready for us sometime this weekend. I haven’t talked to the rest of the crew yet, but I am hoping that it is still a go. Cross your fingers.




Wherever you are, I hope that you can get out and enjoy your weekend, doing whatever it is you like to do. If you plan on sitting around watching the tube or playing video games, then more power to ya. As for me, I’ll do my best to get outside somehow. If I don’t make it up to Wilkesboro this weekend, I’ll have to come up with another plan. Will I have to bust out the roadie machine and ride on wet pavement? Oh hell, I hope not. Will I poach a “closed” local trail just to get some mileage in? Probably not, but I will find something local that doesn’t “officially close” if I have to. So, what will it be? Whatever it is, you can bet I will tell you all about it on Monday. Have some beer while you wait for me to come back. Cheers.

No comments: