Wednesday, March 31, 2010

More Product Reviews

With all the Awesome stuff that was happening around here the other week, I failed to mention another product I received. One of our local club members did a presentation at one of our meetings last month, regarding some new anti-butt sore cream. While there are several products on the market that perform this function, I obtained a free sample of this new one that deserved a review. The name of the product is Keister Kreme, made in the U.S. of A. by SOYuRIDE. Their website had a few things that made me chuckle:


“Keister Kream anti-chafing chamois cream is the only choice to protect your vegetables from chafing and irritation.”

“NEW COOL MINT COMING VERY SOON!

- Cool Mint is...well...tingly! It has a slightly thicker consistency, and a light green color that won't stain your skin or your shorts. It has a menthol scent, and will provide a cooling, tingly sensation on application. We thought it was pretty weird when we asked our testers how to make Keister Kream better and they requested 'tingle', but we made it happen.”



The sample I have is the “original” version, so I guess I won’t find out what the tingly action is all about. Nevertheless, I decided to give it a try.





Saturday morning, while getting ready for the 10th Annual CSC Spring Training Ride, I opted to use the Keister Kreme instead of my usual stuff, Chamois Butter. The website said to “Slap some on and head out for a 5 hour ride,” so I figured that a 56 mile road ride would be a good way to test it. I’d rather test it on a training ride and find out it doesn’t work instead of discovering it at the 6 Hours of Warrior Creek. I applied the Keister Kream to my uh, nether regions and got ready to ride.


Thankfully there are no photos of me putting this junk on my well, junk. You’ll just have to use your imagination for that one, or block out that thought completely. I have to say that it wasn’t as greasy as other anti-chafing products I’ve used, so that was a plus. Also, it didn’t stink to high hell, nor did I have to use very much of it. Although I got mine for free, the retail price of $14.99 seems to be a great deal for the amount you get. Plus, they donate 5% of the proceeds to organizations and charities that give back to cycling and the community. The guy at the meeting (I forgot his name...oops) said that for every order placed from South or North Carolina, they will donate that 5% to our local club, the Tarheel Trailblazers. Sounds like a deal, but does it work?


Well, after applying the Keister Kreme, I actually forgot it was there. That’s a good thing, because no one wants to feel like they have a ton of grease on their taint. It performed as they said it would, and I didn’t have any negative side affects from spending four hours in the saddle. When I got home that afternoon and showered, I didn’t have to scrub my coin purse with a brillo pad to remove it either.


So, should you buy it? Well, my answer is yes, unless you enjoy saddle sores and crotch rot after you ride. I used it on a long ride and didn’t even know it was working, even though it was. While there are plenty of other products that do the same job, I really liked this one mo’ better. The ingredients are all-natural, so natural in fact that it’s been said that you can eat it (I wouldn’t want to eat that though.) Head on over to SOYuRIDE and order up some all-natural butt protection. You won’t be disappointed and your “vegetables” will thank you for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So...is it vegetable dip, or what?