Tuesday, November 15, 2011

After The Fall



Yep, it’s fall around here. That’s not what I’m talking about though. My fall the other week left me with quite a bit of broken shit, and it was something I had to take care of.

You’ve seen the (not so) serious damage.

Broken bike computer:




My silly little bell:




And of course the most serious, my Mandalorian trail riding companion:





I had to get things right in the galaxy again, so I spent most of my free time last week gathering replacements. I can’t stand to have broken and/or missing shit on my bike.

First up was a new computer.



Nothing fancy, but it is just like the one I had. I didn’t have to do anything special to install it, other than removing the old one from the mount and snapping the new one in place. I love easy shit.



While I was at it, my Mandalorian dude healed up nicely, so I zip-tied his ass back to the bike. I assured him he won’t get hurt again, but I don’t think he’s buying it.



Last, but not least, is my new bell. I use a bell to warm other trail users that I’m approaching, and also on the rare occasion that I need to pass someone in a race.



Wow, real exciting.


What is exciting is the fact that I got a package from the folks at Clean Bottle da udda day. After a whole season of riding with their stuff, I’ve worn out my bottles. They still work fine, but all the rub marks from my bottle cage has made seeing the logo difficult. I’m all about whoring myself out for advertising, so I wanted some new bottles to display the logo proudly.



They’ve added the option of black lids on the bottles, and redesigned the graphics. The bottle is still just as good, but they look a little bit better (in my worthless opinion.) You can still unscrew both ends to clean them better, and they are dishwasher safe. These are the only bottles I’ve ever been able to keep clean, since I have a habit of leaving stuff in them for days after a ride.




These bottles are available from fine retailers like REI and also from the Clean Bottle website for $9.95. If you order from the website you can buy three bottles and get one for free. You can even mix and match blue and black bottles. Plus, ten percent of their profits go to eco-friendly charities. New this year, you can have custom bottles printed. See the website for details.

I’m proud to say “No more riding dirty” again for another season.


I have some other items on the way, but they haven't arrived yet. So, this concludes today’s broadcast. Thanks for suffering through it.

No comments: