Thursday, November 17, 2011

Cutting It Short

This is the end of my work week. Tomorrow is my birthday, and for the first time in many years I’ve decided to take the day off (from work and blogging.) I was gonna hire some strippers and have a big party, but I couldn’t find anything that would get me “excited.”





So, I have a plan to do something on the bike. That’s not any different than anything else I’d be doing on my day off, so it sounds good to me. I’m heading to the mountains for some kind of an epic solo ride. I have all day to ride, so I can get lost, have a shitload of mechanicals, or pretty much anything else. As soon as I ship Lunchbox off to school in the wee hours of the morning, I’m hitting the road. Riding until I can’t ride any more seems like the best way to celebrate the first day of my 39th year on this planet. I’ll try to come up with a ride report or something, or maybe even a shitty video.


With a three day weekend, I can ride my ass off (and drink shitloads of beer to celebrate my birfday.) I’ll probably be too tired after tomorrow’s adventures though, so I have some mechanical action planned. I just got this yesterday:



What’s inside?



A new Cane Creek 110 headset. I have one on The Big O already, but this is sorta for an upgrade on my singlespeed bike. It has some generic Cane Creek knock off headset, and it’s about time I upgraded it. I’ll put the shiny new red one on The Big O to match the rest of the red accessories, and the black one will go on my singlespeed. Should be an easy enough, since all I have to do is swap out the top cap and bearings (it’s an integrated headset.)


That little act of mechanic work can’t possibly take all day, but I have other work to do. My bike is squeaking in a few places, so it’s time for a tear down and rebuild. That will be fun, since I like building bikes (and tearing shit up.) I also got some stuff from Bike29, but I’ll get to that next week.


After the bike work, the plan is to head over to my new “secret” trail and put in some more singletrack. The route has been marked, and now it’s time to lay some trail in them thar woods. I like construction.





I think I was just looking for an excuse to use this video clip, since it’s one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies, which talks about one of my other favorite movies.


Thanks to those of you that came over here looking to buy a Dirt Diva calendar. Since Dicky talked about it yesterday, my hits over here more than doubled. That’s pretty awesome, but more of you need to buy some. You can't just keep scouring the Internets for free previews and junk.



Anyway, I’ll see y’all Monday.

No comments: