Monday, November 28, 2011

We Got Right To It



I told y’all last Friday that Mr. Shepherd was here. Instead of waiting until Turkey Day to ride, I met my good pal at one of our local trails for some night riding. This would be his first time on the trail in the dark, or so I thought.

While he was waiting for me to get to the trail, he decided to take a ride. The first lap was pretty normal I guess, but since the darkness was fast approaching (and I had all the lights in my possession), he had to take lap number two “Jedi Style” in the dark. He said it was pretty fun, so now I’m a little intrigued. I may just have to turn off my lights the next time I hit the trail in the dark. I’m down for some Jedi action.



Adventure. Excitement. A Jedi craves not these things. Well Yoda, I do. I’m reckless.



Anyway, I finally arrived at the trail. We put the extra light set on Mr. Shepherd’s bike and helmet, and we were ready to hit the trail. Instead of taking it easy on the first-time night rider, I took off a little fast. I didn’t go all out, but I wanted him to experience night riding “at speed.” We stopped a few times to keep it social and such, and he looked like he was having a good time.




The trail was a little greasy, and leaves covered the trail in a lot of places. Nevertheless, it was very fun. I love riding at night. I have to say that night riding is one of the only good things about this time of year. It gets dark way too early, but that does give me lots of time for riding in the dark. I can get used to that.



A nice little ride indeed, and Mr. Shepherd got to experience riding in the dark on the trail (with lights.) He seemed to enjoy it, but I wish we had more time to ride. Since we hadn’t seen each other in a while, we headed down to a local shopping establishment to grab some grub and a few beers. We used this time to plan the rest of our cycling adventures.


I’ll use the rest of the blog week to fill y’all in. I surely can’t spill the beans all at once. What the hell else will I talk about for the rest of the week?


I got some videos, some photos, and some crash action that changed our plans.

And of course there was beer.

Stay tuned.

No comments: