Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Lowcountry Getaway

I've been gone.  Who gives a shit.  We took off for the weekend to Charleston and didn't get back in until about 1:30 a.m. yesterday.  I was too tired to come up with anything so I skipped another day of blogging.  I know, it's becoming a pattern.

Anyway, I'm back again.  Here's a little recap of the fun that was had down in the Lowcountry...

We left the B-43 Worldwide Headquarters Saturday morning and took the scenic route down towards Charles Town.  Sure, it took us a little longer to get down there, but it was a nice, relaxing drive.  Eventually we made it to see our friends Ed and Alice (who were kind enough to put us up for the weekend.)  After settling in we hit up a brewery and had some good local beer.  Later on, we went out for dinner, where I had some more local brew.


After dinner, we headed over to another local brewery...


Things got a little fuzzy after that, but we eventually called it a night so we could ride the next day.  While there are no mountains down there, we did ride mountain bikes.  We headed over to Marrington Plantation, which is a place I "raced" a few years ago (click this link.)


It was much more fun this time around and it really reminded me of riding back in Florida.


Just because it's flat down there doesn't mean that I didn't get all rad and shit...

Photo cred:  Little Miss Sunshine

And yeah, I did get to see one of my favorite critters.


It was a really fun ride.  Of course we were hungry, so it was time to eat again.  Since Ed is local, he took us to a place for grub that had some uh, "character."


You know what?  It was pretty damn awesome too.


The rest of the day was spent down in the harbor, starting with a ferry ride out to Fort Sumter.


It was pretty cool.  You  know, because we got to see some neat stuff...


And I'm pretty sure we witness a mob hit in the planning stages.


The night ended with more food and drinking, which saw us at a local watering hole that had just seen the wrath of some spring break type partying...


What a day.  And there's more to come tomorrow...

No comments: