Monday, July 13, 2015

Nope



My alarm went off at 6 a.m. yesterday morning.  I got up to use the bathroom and thought about that long drive up to Woolwine, VA to race. 

“Nope”, I said to myself.  Then I crawled my tired ass back into bed.

About forty five minutes later, the little lady woke me up and said, “You better go race.”

“Nope” I said once again. 

I slept in until almost 10 a.m. I was really worn out from the day before, and driving two and a half hours to race didn’t sound very appealing.  Looking back, I probably had a good shot of winning that one, but who gives a shit.  I can drop a couple of races in the series, and this would be one of them. 

So, Saturday was a long, long day.  I was out late watching tribute bands here at a local music venue.



Lunchbox, TomTom, and Eastwood were there too and we had a good time.  The Alice in Chains tribute was pretty good, and the Pearl Jam one was freaking awesome.  It was definitely worth the few bucks I paid to get in, if only for the drunk people in attendance.

Just before that, I headed up to one of our local trails (North Meck Park) to attend the grand opening of the new an improved pump track that our club has been working on. 

It’s rad.


I didn’t stay for the whole event, but I did get to see lots of kids big and small enjoy the crap outta that thing.  That made my day.

Did I actually ride a bike over the weekend?  Yes.  Other than the pump track, I had some trail time with some ladies from the Dirt Divas.


I’ll get into that tomorrow.

No comments: