Friday, July 29, 2011

More Stuff Than You Can Shake A Stick At




This weekend is shaping up to be a pretty busy one. To follow up from something earlier in the week, I got my road bike out of the shop. It was a simple repair (installing a new spoke), but I could still end up with problems down the road. I told y’all that I was considering a new roadie wheelset, and as soon as I got to Bike Line to pick up my repaired bicycle, I starting looking at stuff to buy. I had a hard time making myself look for road stuff, but I knew it had to be done. My current wheelset would be fine if I was some skinny little full time roadie guy, but that will never be the case. Anyway, I finally picked out a new set of wheels, and took them home that night.



A new set of Mavic Ksyrium wheels, in white because it makes them look more “roadie.” They are pretty nice wheels for the price, and I actually kind of like them. They make my not so top of the line road bike look pretty sweet.



Anyway, I haven’t tested them yet, but I guess they should be fine. I don’t ride my road bike that much, so I didn’t figure I would need a trial run or anything. I’ll find out the next time I hop in the saddle and hit the road, I guess.


Tonight is the big one for Little Miss Sunshine. She’s kicking off the 24 Hours of Booty tonight, and I plan on heading out there to watch (and hang out with my other cycling friends.) Her goal is 100 miles, and I think she can do it. After all, she has twenty four hours and nice, smooth pavement. If you are local to the Charlotte area, come on out and cheer on your cycling peeps while they ride for a good cause.


I guess I’ll get a chance to test out my new roadie wheels, since I am hitting up the local Bike Line group ride again this Sunday. It was fun enough to make me want to go back, and short enough not to bore the shit outta me. This time though, I won’t be on call for work. Now I can actually ride from my house to the shop, do the ride, then ride back home. That will give me a few extra “training miles”, and make it somewhat of an adventure. So exciting.


Last, but certainly not least, this weekend is another Tarheel Trailblazers Kids Ride. This time we’ll head down to Colonel Francis Beatty Park. I hope we have a decent turnout, because I love seeing the little ones out on the trail. This will also be the last Kids Ride that Lunchbox will miss, since he is due to return from Florida next weekend. It’s about time.


Hopefully I’ll be back on Monday with a recap of my cycling adventures, and hopefully they won’t bore the shit out of you. See you then.

No comments: