Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Up The Old Dirt Road



Yeah, get your mind out of the gutter. I saw that sign on the way back from the race on Sunday, which was fitting since I felt like my race was in the shitter. Even though I ended up on the podium, I know I could’ve performed better out there. I dwelled on that yesterday, so I won’t talk about it any more. I really think I just wanted an excuse to use that photo, anyway. Thanks to Lunchbox for hanging out of the window to take it.


In other news, more upgrades have been applied to Little Miss Sunshine’s single speed bike. She has a name for it, but I can’t remember what it was. I usually don’t remember much of anything these days.


Anyway, I stopped by one of our local shops to pick up a few parts she ordered.



New pedals, handlebars, and a stem. I built the bike with a lot of leftover (i.e. sub par) shit, so she’s slowly picking up new stuff. There was an old stem and really (really) short handlebars on there, and they had to go.



As for the pedals, she had to order some of the new crankbrothers Candy pedals, and of course they had to be in red.



These types of upgrades are pretty simple, and everything went on with the help of only one beer. I didn’t even break the stem by tightening it down too much. I are smart.


How about I cut it short today? I just don’t have a good post in me anyway. I’m kind of feeling “blah” today. I think the stress of taking care of my sick dog is wearing on me. She’s not really getting much better, and since she’s way up there in age it may be time to make a decision soon.


I hate to even have to think about it.


I should be back tomorrow, and hopefully I’ll feel a little more chipper. If I’m not back, then it’s probably because I needed a little break.

No comments: