Thursday, February 14, 2013

Being Social







I don’t have a lot of time for a lengthy post today (good news for you), so I’ll keep it short.  I totally forgot to mention our ride Tuesday night, and I’m not sure why.


Our local club here does a great job of building and maintaining trails, but we’ve been lacking in the social aspect of mountain biking.  Most cyclists I know like to ride in groups, and they definitely like to enjoy a few beers when it’s all over.  Trying to do my part, I started a small social ride at one of our local trails.


It’s taken off better than expected.


We have a regular group of guys now, and coincidentally most of them are part of the crew that’s helping to build “The Trail.”  It just kinda worked out that way.


Unlike most advertised “social” rides, this one is actually pretty social.  We do a lot more talking than riding.  That doesn’t mean that we don’t enjoy the ride though.  We do a nice, easy lap at first, then we ride the trail backwards at a much quicker pace.  Even though there are a few other social rides in town, this one is becoming quite popular.  We have a good group of riders that just want to ride their bikes and have fun.  We have even been going out afterwards for some good Mexican food and a few beers.


And of course, more socializing.


That’s what it’s all about.


And…I’m out.


Hey, that rhymed.

2 comments:

eastwood said...

A rhyming social coordinator... I guess you can add MC to your monicker!! MC Mutt

Dwayne said...

Quoth the DoughBoy, nevermore!