Tuesday, March 17, 2015

I Prefer Solitude


A lot of people ride bikes as a social thing, as exercise, or just to get around.  When you race (or even train), you end up riding alone quite a bit.  While I do enjoy the social aspect of riding bikes, I also like riding alone.  In fact, I like being by myself quite a bit even when I’m not riding.  I’m well aware of the fact that people read this excuse for a blog, but I don’t write it for that reason.  I write it so I can remember what I’ve done, and I put a little twist on things to help keep me slightly entertained.  If it entertains you, cool.  If it pisses you off, then maybe you need to realize that you’re a little too serious. 

I am not serious.  Even when I pretend to be.  I’m happiest when I’m on my bike, and even happier when I’m alone with my thoughts.  I can be alone even in a group setting, because although I may or may not be interacting with other people I’m still all alone in my head.  I may come across as anti-social (or an asshole), and I’m good with that.  I don’t expect you to understand.

However, some people understand.

Check out this new sock from DeFeet  and SAKO7SOCKS

And the good part...

I’m not anti-social, I’m just pro-solitude.

Sean Sakinofsky is a cyclist over in South Africa, and he has his own line of socks manufactured by DeFeet.  Like me, Sean believes that DeFeet socks are the best in the world.  In the sock pictured above, it’s almost like he knows me and designed this one just to be worn on my big ass feet.

It’s not the first time I’ve had DeFeet socks that seemed personally made just for me.

Anyway, you’ve heard me talk about DeFeet many times before, and many of you wear them because of what I’ve said and or/showed you.  I really appreciate that, and I’m sure the folks over there in the hills of North Carolina appreciate it too.

These particular socks are one of several new designs available right now.  If you check out the website, there are many new styles you can pick to put on your feet. 

Click here:  New DeFeet stuff

Go on, treat yourself.  If you don’t currently wear DeFeet socks, this is your chance to join those of us “in the know.”

Now, where’s my new sock design?  I haz ideas.

No comments: