Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Don't Call It A Comeback

It's been a long, long time.  Sorry 'bout that.  I've been busy for sure, and time has slipped away from me.  I know lots of people read this crap and nonsense, but it never really hit me that people would actually notice when I stopped writing it.  Maybe they thought I was dead or something.  I mean, the last thing I posted about was my vacation in the Florida swamps.  There were lots of photos of me and Lunchbox playing with alligators, so maybe we met our demise that way.

Meh.  It's not like I left off with this photo:

 
Nah, I'm still here.

Actually, it all started when some of my friends started asking me when I planned to write this junk again, and more importantly, if I even still rode bicycles.  Then I got a sorta concerned text from Dicky that seemed to inquire about my well-being.  That got me thinking about getting back into this shit, but I didn't do it.  Then former NC Hillbilly and current AZ Desert Dweller D-Wayne got back into blogging and did this:

I was missing.  Now I am not.

Blogs are dead, but I'm gonna beat this one even dead-er.

So yeah, I'm back again.  Let's call it a Grand Re-Opening.  Or, since I've done this a bunch of times in the past...


Will this be a regular thing again?  Yes.  No.  Maybe.  Who gives a shit.  I'm probably not gonna try to do it every weekday like I did once upon a time, but it should be more often than not.

Hopefully.

I mean, I have been busy.  I guess I should start catching up.  So, here goes.  When Lunchbox and I returned from our vacation way back when is when shit got crazy.  Work picked up a bunch, but more importantly, we ended up looking for a new house.  We were tired of living in one of those "Vinyl Villages" with neighbors right on top of us.  The process happened so fast, and before we knew it we were in our dream house.

Okay, so maybe it doesn't look exactly like this.

While the house is nice and has had lots of improvements done to it, we still had a ton of stuff to do.  Moving was a pain in the ass after being in the other house for almost ten years, but unpacking our shit was even more of a pain in the ass.  Then it was the countless trips to the home improvement stores.  Too much work.  I'm just now finally able to enjoy the place, and I'm planning on cutting trail behind the house at some point.


A few weeks after we moved in, I somehow found the time to be around the bike scene.  I've done few rides here and there (by myself), but I'm talking about that time InterBike came to Charlotte and I got to work "in the industry" again.

Photo cred:  Alice

I did one ride (on the road), and decided that I would get out to "race" my bike for three hours straight with one gear.  It hurt, but it was fun.  Just like I remembered.

And I did okay I suppose.


That just about covers the first few weeks since I was last here.  I'm getting back into the bike thing full speed, which includes getting my workspace in order.  New house means moar room for a proper shop for bikes (and other shop-y things.)

I guess I do have a few things to talk about to keep this thing going.  I'm not dead, and this ancient form of social media isn't yet either.

See y'all soon.  

I promise (this time.)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Advocat sez:

Welcome back and congrats on the new digs.