Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Birthday Aftermath




Since I told y’all yesterday that we were celebrating the day that Lunchbox appeared on the earth for the first time, I figured I could talk about it a bit. My mom came down from Smallville, and the Dirty Party Cycle came over our way from the foothills to join us. We all went to his usual birthday spot, and enjoyed some nice Japanese cuisine. Of course, the meal was awesome, and so was the entertainment. Lunchbox even got a present that he had been waiting for:




Yeah, we do mention skateboarding around here from time to time, so don’t be alarmed. If you’ve been here a while, then you know that Lunchbox and I are both skateboarders, as well as mountain bikers. Since I built a couple of ramps da udda day, we decided to get jiggy with it on our boards for a bit.


Here’s Lunchbox enjoying his new board:



Here I am trying not to break anything while I uh, rehab my knee:




Actually, my knee is healing up quite nicely, thank you. Skateboarding doesn’t really take much of a toll on it like it used to, as long as I keep the skate sessions short and sweet. Speaking of short and sweet, this post is in danger of becoming just that if I don’t do something about it.



Usually (on the slower days around here), I’ll bust out some gems from my Internets Art Collection. In case you’re new here, I’ll tell you what that is. Basically, I like collecting funny bicycling-related photographs I find whilst I peruse the Internets. I look at them from time to time when I need a good laugh or a quick pick-me-up. When I run out of shit to talk about here, I’ll bring out a few of my finer pieces to share. So, my friends, here you go.



Bicycle parking is at a premium here:





Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water:





We all know how important it is to warm up before you ride, and that includes the bike:





Attack of the bicycles:





You go on vacation, pose for a picture, and get a bonus:





I bet your bicycle collection can’t top this one:




Bikes ride by with the boomin’ system:





You no longer have to worry about you pic-a-nic basket when you camping next time:





Don’t ride without your music collection anymore:





Well, there you have it folks. Another installment of my Internets Art Collection. Maybe I’ll be back tomorrow with something a little better. It’s not likely, but you can only wish. That probably won’t do you any good though. Like my Grandma used to say, “You can wish in one hand and shit in the other, and we’ll see which one fills up faster.” Words of wisdom, indeed.

No comments: