Friday, April 15, 2011

Go West Young Man



Well, it’s kind of south-southwest, but whatever. This has nothing to do with Manifest Destiny either, although you could say that I am expanding my “racing territory.” It is my density, uh I mean my destiny.


I have no idea what this race will hold for me. I haven’t been riding much, as shitty weather seems to come along every time I make some kind of two-wheeled plans. Big surprise, the weather down in good ole Spartanburg won’t be great either. Race day should be fine, but the Saturday before it’s supposed to rain…a lot. I don’t know how the trails down there fare after a precipitation event, but there’s nothing I can do about it. I won’t be stressing over my tire choice, lack of trail knowledge, or anything else like that. I’ll be flying by the seat of my pants as usual.


After the race, I may have a little fun if I’m not too worn out. Since the Dirty Party Cycle will be tagging along, we may do a leisure ride out there on the trails. If I’m really feeling froggy, then we may just hit up the local skatepark down there Hot Spot. The DPC took Lunchbox there back when I was out of town, and I heard a lot of good stuff about it. I probably won’t get back down that way for a while, so this could be my only chance to check it out. I may be too tired from “racing” to enjoy it fully, but it should be fun anyway. If you’re lucky, I’ll be back next week with a full race report and a skate report. Don’t you feel special?




I’m yo Daddy.


Yeah, this post is going nowhere, as usual. At least it’s supposed to be warm down there in Spartanburg the day after it rains. I won’t have to get all gussied up in my winter wear for this race.



In other news, the race report could suck more than usual due to a lack of quality photography. The official B-43 shutterbug, Lunchbox, is heading down to Florida to spend some time with his maternal unit. He’ll be gone for the whole week, and he’s a little bummed not to be able to take pictures that get published on the Internets. He’ll have fun down there though, I’m sure. Perhaps my good pal Mr. Shepherd will meet up with him while he’s hanging out in the Sunshine State. My race report will suffer like I said, but at least he gets a little vacation. I sure need one.


See y’all Monday.

No comments: