Thursday, May 3, 2012

It Just Got Real

That is the newest addition to my single speed bike:


  In case you are way younger than I am (or you grew up under a rock), that feller’s name is Ultraman



I’m not old enough to have watched that show when it came out, but I did see plenty of reruns during my childhood.  It was always one of my favorite shows (although I’ll admit it was pretty corny), and I guess the color scheme of his suit matches my SS bike. 


Enough reminiscing, because it’s dumb anyway.


In other news, another part for Little Miss Sunshine’s SS showed up da udda day.  She found a nice Reba 29er fork, and I was instructed to install it.  I was happy to get rid of that temporary POS fork that we put on there.  It didn’t take me long to install it (only one beer), and I feel like the bike looks much better. 


It will probably ride much better too, but who gives a shit about that.  Looks are what’s important.


Speaking of looks, I finally got around to trimming the brake lines.


There was a ton of hose on those brakes, but I didn’t want to cut them until we got a new fork.  I think she is pleased with the new look, and also the way it rides.  She’s moving over to the Dark Side (single speeding), and I couldn’t be happier.  I never thought that she would ever get on a 29er, let alone one that has no gears.  Shit sure does change around here a lot, but it’s a ton of fun.


Now we can take our fancy single speeds out together.




I like change…

Sometimes.

1 comment:

Craig F said...

LOVE Ultraman. I am old enough to have watched the original and it was my everyday TV experience as a kid. Come home from school, turn on Ultraman. I wanted to be on the Space Patrol so badly. Hiata was my idol.