Monday, July 2, 2012

Work Is For Suckers


And I was an all day one on Friday. After spending the day working way up in Salisbury (about an hour away from home), I was all set to get home and start my weekend. Work had other plans though, and I ended up having to drive all the way back into the city after 5:00. Once I got there it didn’t take long to fix the issue, but I knew that any chance of riding after work was ruined. Luckily, Little Miss Sunshine was nearby so we decided to take part in our other hobby…


Eating and drinking. 




We hit up this little Cajun place in the Hipster District, and I got to have some alligator (and of course a beer.)  It wasn’t as good as riding of course, but it was nice to spend time with the little lady and enjoy some good food.  Of course I grew up eating alligator, so it was nice to get back to my roots.  I also lived in Louisiana for a while back in early 90’s, and pigging out on swamp creatures was a good enough substitute for bike riding.


One of my favorite foods back when I lived in the bayou state were seafood PoBoys, and this place happened to have a crawfish one.



It was friggin’ delicious, and served with a side of cheese grits.  Damn, it’s been a while since I had some good home cookin’.


So yeah, Friday started off sucky because of extra work, but it ended up being a pretty cool.  I ride enough so I don’t feel guilty about getting my grub on, and having great food with great company turned a shitty day into a nice one. 


I even got home just in time to see my neighbor putting on a fireworks show.



Work sucked, but we made the best of it.  Would it continue for the next two days?  Come back tomorrow and I might tell you.

No comments: