Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Not A Death March




Instead of sitting around on my ass the day before this past Sunday’s Winter Short Track race, I tagged along on an urban ride here in Charlotte.  This was sort of a scouting mission, but I’ll save the details for another time.  I didn’t want to go on a long painful mountain bike ride, and spending all day doing trail work wasn’t a good idea either. 



Instead, we took a stroll through the city.




Now I know what Dicky feels like when he’s working.  Well, except that his rides through the city are much more exciting.

Like this shit:




Bwahahahaaaa.



So anyway, rolling around in the city was pretty fun.  We found some greenways…



And a couple of parks…




Little Miss Sunshine led the way, all decked out in her team kit.





I did a little trail work too, but it’s not really worth talking about.


Well, except the “new” creek crossing that appeared in the middle of the singletrack.



We’re already working on a solution for that.


Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice trail for a stream. That would be funny if it
s weren't so sad.

Advocat