Friday, July 5, 2013

I Didn’t Know What Else To Do


First of all, I figure that there won’t be a lot of people working today so that probably means that some people won’t even stop by here.  It’s a regular work day for me, so I’m posting up anyway.  Since I was off yesterday, I had to ride my bike.  Everything is still wet as hell around here from the rain, so I went to bed Wednesday night with the plan to go on a road bike.  When I woke up yesterday morning I did my best to talk myself out of it.  I don’t care much for road riding, so getting in a pace line, worrying about my “cadence”, and spinning my ass off for hours just didn’t appeal to me.  But, instead of sitting around watching a bunch of people on TV ride their bikes I went out anyway.


I decided to go on an adventure.

 

With no real destination in mind, I rolled out of my neighborhood and hit some back roads.  Eventually, I ended up near the city.





And then I was right in it.



Traffic was really light due to the holiday, so the ride was quite pleasant.  I sprinted every once in a while, but kept an easy pace and just enjoyed being out on my bike (even if it was a road bike.)  I even stopped to take a break about halfway through.




The skies looked ugly when I left, but eventually it ended up being a nice day.  I headed back home, and even took the greenway by my house to get there.  It was pretty fun I guess.  I ended up with about thirty five miles, which was better than sitting on my ass and doing nothing.



With the first part of my day finished, I had other shit to do.  Wednesday after work, I headed up to The Cycle Path to pick up my new frame. 


It was time to build my new bike.



Wait, that’s not it.


My new Niner One9 is here after only a few days.



I’ll get into the build next week sometime.  It’s gonna be so choice.


Enjoy the rest of your weekend (especially if it started yesterday.)  I’m heading out of town Sunday for a ride, and I can’t wait.


We’re going to Rocky Knob.


Never heard of it?  Check out this video:



Yeah, we’re gonna have fun.



No comments: