Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Found Anything?



We ain’t found shit.

After combing the Internets with a fine-toothed comb, I didn’t find one damned photo of me riding my bike in the race #3 of the Winter Series. Why would I need to scour the Internets for photos? Well, the official B-43 photographer was too bust taking photos of every other racer out there on Sunday, like world-famous racer boi Rich Dillen:



And the Space Cowboy:




I know, he’s a busy kid. I don’t mind that he neglected to photograph me, except for the fact that I have nothing to show you when I talk about my own race. I guess I can give you a recap anyway.


When the race started, I felt pretty good. It was really warm, which was a welcome change from the frigid temps we had for the first two races. I took off at the start, and briefly tried to get up ahead of the leaders. It didn’t take long for me to fall off the front though, and I settled into the middle of the pack.


Did I mention that I’m in terrible shape and the “preseason” is kicking my ass? Well, that pretty much translated to a day of suffering, and I felt every pedal stroke when I rode my bike on the short race course. I got passed by all kinds of riders, and even got lapped by the lead (sandbagger) in my class. I still had fun for some reason, and once again avoided my goal of DFL. When it was all said and done, I ended up in 10th place out (I think) 13 riders. Not good, but it could have been worse.


My new 1X9 setup has been performing flawlessly, which was a pleasant surprise. I guess I should be thankful that I haven’t suffered any equipment failures, although my body feels like it’s suffering from failure. With the 5 race series winding down though, I can use this to build my fitness to get ready for the first real race of the season, the Shootout On Anglers Ridge. I should be ready by then, but who knows.


I most likely won’t be back tomorrow morning with a blog post. I hate to take a day off from this wonderful hobby of mine, but work will get in the way again. Since I am out of town on a business trip, I guess I should be happy that I’ve even posted at all this week. I’ll be working all night tonight until the wee hours of the morning on Wednesday, so if I can get on here when the work is done it will be a miracle. Besides, the weather here is supposed to turn shitty, so I may be busy sledding with Bigfoot.

No comments: