Friday, September 14, 2012

Not Ready To Ride






But I tried to anyway.  I have no desire to stay off of my bike, so I’m not letting some stupid crash get in the way of that.  My head is fine I guess (or as good as it will ever be), but that pesky gash on my elbow (with the accompanying bone bruise) still hurts like hell.



I probably should’ve had stitches put in that.  Yuck.


Despite the bruises and pain all over, I decided to take a ride last night after work.  I took it slow, since I didn’t want to crash again and mess myself up even worse.  My elbow really bothered me, and it almost made me call the ride off before I even got a mile into it.  Every bump, root, and rock jarred my elbow, and the pain was almost unbearable.  I kept going though, figuring I need to tough it out so I’ll be ready for tomorrow’s ride…


The Forks Area Trail System (FATS) down near Augusta, Georgia.


It’s been quite a while since I was there last.  In fact, it’s been almost a year.  You might remember that Mr. Shepherd came up here from the Sunshine State to ride it for the first time last Thanksgiving, and we had some issues.  We had to cut our ride short to make repairs on his bike, so I never really got a good feel for the place on my single speed.  I plan on bringing it again this time, and tearing up that big ass pump track.


I can’t wait.


Never been to FATS?  Have no idea what I’m talking about?  Well then, check out the video from our last adventure out there.




Trail Wars.  Coming soon to some single track near you.


Hopefully I feel good enough to ride it all, and I really hope I don’t bust my ass.  If I manage to hit my head again, I may have to take a lot of time off the bike.  If I start racking up concussions, I’ll start to look like Troy Aikman.



And no one wants that shit.


I’ll see y’all Monday with a full report I’m sure.

No comments: