Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Unique Ride

I rode with the Dirt Divas last night, but I didn’t take any photos.  It was fun, and I even got to do a little night riding.  I dig that.


The unique ride I’m talking about was my trip out to the BYT.  Yes, I’m still talking about it, and yes, you can close this window if you don’t want to read it.


You’re still here?


Cool.


Anyway, have I mentioned how much that trail freakin’ rocks?  Some people around here have mentioned it as a replacement for Poplar Tent, but I wouldn’t go that far.  Nothing can replace that fine gem of a trail, but BYT is certainly the next best thing. 


There’s even trailside scenery.








It was the most unique trail experience I’ve had outside of the mountains (that I can recall anyway.)  The trail was smooth, rooty, rocky, and fast…all at the same time.  It’s been around for many, many years, so it has “character.” 


Tired of the same old boring ride at your local “racetrack”? 


Go ride BYT. 


Tired of wandering aimlessly through some boring, short trail as your mind focuses on things not related to bikes? 


Go ride BYT.


Riding along at BYT, you never know what kind of shit you will see.  Like this section of trail that somehow ended up in a drainage ditch…




That part made me want to go home and grab my skateboard, and ride it all Animal Chin style.


You know, like those guys at Wallows:




The neat shit didn’t stop there though.  Check out the man made features:





Riding there was just what I needed, and I didn’t even know it.  It wasn’t the long race schedule, bike choices, or anything like that that made me feel burned out.  It was the lack of fun that was bringing me down, and I’ve seemed to have found the cure.  I can’t believe I waited so long to go back.  You can bet your ass that it won’t happen again.  BYT will be on my regular rotation of local trails, and it will probably keep finding its way back to the top fairly often. 


In fact, I may go back out there tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where is that ditch?