Friday, March 18, 2011

Get It Together




Told ya there would be more Star Wars. Also, there is more racing on the horizon. Race number two of the Southern Classic Series is this Sunday, and I’m as ready as I can be. In fact, the plan is to get even more ready in these two days beforehand.





I have plenty of riding to get in before I race, so I could actually end up worn out before I even get to the starting line. After a short day at work today, I’m heading over to the U.S. National Whitewater Center to get in a lap or two, but it will be far from race pace. I’ll most likely be riding alone, so I won’t push myself too hard. I don’t want to be too sore to walk over to the bar and sip on some beer afterwards.


Saturday is different. I’m most likely heading up to Winston-Salem to ride the trail at Hobby Park. Yes, the same trail where I’ll be racing on Sunday. While it wasn’t in my plans to pre ride the trail before I raced, that looks like exactly what I’ll be doing. Before you start getting all uppity with me, it wasn’t my idea. In fact, I’m only going because Little Miss Sunshine needs a driver to get here there. She is going because the Dirt Divas have one of their out of town rides there. I can’t see myself not riding if I drive all the way up there to meet a bunch of people who are riding it. That’s just silly.


Anyway, I don’t think this will give me any kind of advantage or anything in Sunday’s race. In fact, it could hinder me. By knowing what to expect, I may actually be more hesitant on the trail, instead of going balls out on an unknown course. Besides, it’s not like my fitness has improved that much in a week.





That’s all I can give you for today. I have a lot of shit to do today, so I’ll quit while I’m behind. Next week should be better, but it probably won’t. I am on the way to making a major upgrade on The Big O, but I don’t care to mention it at the moment. I’ll keep you waiting. Also, there will most likely be a race report, along with a beer report of some kind. You just stay here and wait for it.

1 comment:

Dwayne said...

I had heard they were gonna run the course backwards (which would be AWESOME!!) but apparently the Tea-and-WHINEEEEE Party spoke up...