Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Not A Big Deal

But I’ve ridden my bike this month every single day this month.


You know, because the 30 Days of Biking thing is going down right now.  Well, that and I really enjoy riding my bike.  The event is just an excuse I guess.


I’ve gone on group mountain bike rides (including another fun, social one last night), solo mountain bike rides, greenway rides, and trips to the store for groceries and beer (mostly beer.)  I even got to commute to work yesterday morning on my bike.




While I only live thirteen miles from work, I didn’t ride all the way from the house.  If I did, I would’ve ridden something else other than my rigid single speed, the Falcon.  No, I cheated.  You see, I had to drop my truck off at the shop to get the air conditioning repaired, so I took the opportunity to ride the 1.2 miles from there to work.  It wasn’t a big commute by any means, but it was still a great way to start my day.  I got there pretty quick too, even after having to wait for the train to go by.




Riding to work is something I can’t normally do, because well, I don’t always work in the same place.  I travel around the Charlotte area throughout the day most of the time, and doing it by bicycle wouldn’t be very efficient (according to management.)  So, being able to ride to work at least once was pretty damn awesome.


Even if it was only a short distance.


I rode my bike.  That’s all that matters. 


I may or may not be back here tomorrow.  I have some "maintenance" things to take care of here on the blog.  If I'm here, you'll see what I mean.



No comments: