Monday, October 21, 2013

Working For The Greater Good


Saturday I finally got back to trail work.  With my shoulder feeling good enough to swing tools around all day, Lunchbox and I headed out to Park Road Park here in Charlotte to make the big push to get those trails open.

We had quite a few crews working out there, and mine was the scruffiest.

Photo cred: Little Miss Sunshine

My big kid was one of the youngest workers out there, but he worked the hardest.


We took new trail…


And turned it into stuff that was smooth and fast.


There were some features out there, like this jump.


It’s a little difficult to see, but it looks pretty fun.

Even though this was a “green” loop, there was a cool-looking log ride towards the end.


All brought to you by our local club, the Tarheel Trailblazers.


While we were out on the trail, another crew even built a new kiosk at the trailhead.



It was a good day, and we even had a local news crew out there.  Hopefully I’ll have a video link up here in a few days.  We worked hard, and got a ton of shit done out there.  I was tired, but the kid and I decided to hit up the local cross race to hang out with Dicky and the rest of the Faster Mustache crew.



It was kinda entertaining I guess, if cross racing is your thing.




We spent most of our time near the sand pit, hoping we would see a crash.



We did, but I didn’t manage to get any photos of the carnage.


Once again I wore myself out on the weekend.  That’s sad, because I didn’t even ride my bike Saturday.

No comments: