Monday, August 20, 2012

I Didn’t Mean To Be Gone So Long


And I’m sorry about that.  Lunchbox and I took off for D.C. last Sunday (after my race), and we were supposed to be back here by Wednesday.  The plan was to have a fun trip attending football practice for our favorite team, visiting family, and sightseeing in our Nation’s Capital.  I guess you figured out by now that we ended up staying longer than planned.  My great uncle passed away last Monday while we were there, so we decided to extend our trip by a few days to spend more time with the rest of the family.    


We did get to see him before he passed away, and I’m thankful for that.  He was a great man, and I’m happy that he was a part of my life growing up.  When my grandparents took me to Virginia every summer, we spent time at his house and it was one of my favorite places to be.  Even though he’s no longer with us, I have many fond memories of him.  He will be missed for sure.


I have plenty of catching up to do here on the blog for sure.  A race report from the Southern Classic Series race in Greensboro, the Southern Spokes Bicycle Festival, and even some things we did while we were in the D.C. area.


Even though I was gone for only a week, I’m really exhausted.  We crammed a lot in a short amount of time, but I’m glad we stayed up there as long as we did.  Now that I’m rested up, I can get things back to normal around here.


See y’all tomorrow.

No comments: