Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Review Of Sorts

Back on Saturday when I rode at Uwharrie, I finally got a chance to try out my new Lizard Skins gloves. The G-Love to be exact. I didn’t want to test them under race conditions during the Winter Series (mostly because it was really cold), so I wanted to wait until I had a prime opportunity.


This would be my first time ever wearing these gloves.




They are really lightweight, which makes them a good, year-round glove for the most part. For as thin as they are, they have just the right amount of padding in the palms to make them comfortable. The grippy stuff on the fingers make it much easier to hold on to the grips and grab the brake levers.



The verdict? I really, really like them. In fact, I’ll go as far to say that they are the best gloves I’ve ever owned. Do you want some? Well, it looks like the new website still doesn’t have them listed. I don’t know what’s going on, but I’m sure you can have your local shop order them for you if they are a dealer.

Next up is my seat.



Back when I picked up my new WTB Valcon, I wasn’t sure I would like it. After riding on it for a while though, I’m hooked. The wiener slot makes it very comfortable, and the seat fits my buttocks very well. My sit bones sit on the saddle in just the right place, making my rides more comfortable. That’s good, because I will be spending a lot of time in the saddle this year.

My ass will thank me later.

This ass thanks for you reading about my ass (and wiener slot.)

Finally, another piece to the puzzle that is Little Miss Sunshine’s new single speed has arrived.




Yes, it’s a box. Cardboard is the newest bike part material.


I kid. Actually it was this:





We went with the Cane Creek 110 headset because well, it’s the best headset you can get (and they're made right here in North Carolina.) Little Miss Sunshine wanted a red one, which is pretty easy to get. I like red. I guess she does too.

And the grand finale…

(drum roll please)

The frame has arrived:



The B-43 Worldwide Headquarters is now equipped with a dissent AL Singlespeed 29er frame from Misfit Psycles.

Now I can get to work and build this thing.

I should stock up on beer.

See y’all tomorrow.

No comments: