Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Try Before You Buy




I was asked recently to help with a demo here in the Charlotte area. You know, since I live here and all that. I figured that since the date, time, and location are all set, I should probably start letting people know. What am I talking about? Well, there’s a new kid on the block making some killer carbon bicycles.




Yup, Foundry Cycles, where they believe that “a bike is a tool, not a trophy.”

There are three bikes in the Foundry lineup, starting with the Auger:



(Also available in a disc brake version.)


For you road types they have the Ratchet:



And finally, the mountain bike tool. It’s called the Router:



Dirt Rag did a pretty awesome review of the Router, by the way. Check it out here


These bikes look pretty slick, even though they don’t have flashy paint schemes and graphics out the wazoo. The design is simple and to the point, and they look like they are a blast to ride. Do you wanna try one? Well, if you are close to Charlotte you can check out the demo.


Oh yeah, you want details. Here ya go:

Renaissance Park
1536 West Tyvola Road
Charlotte, NC 28210

Thursday, March 1st

3:00 p.m. until dark.



I’m not sure how many bikes, which sizes, etc. will be available, but you should come out anyway to learn a little bit about the Foundry brand. Jason Grantz, brand manager and Foundry Foreman, will be on site to answer any and all questions. He told me that this will be like a meet and greet, with some rides thrown in.



You’ll even get to hang out with me. Why would you want to miss that?


Before you ask, no, I don’t ride for Foundry (although they are looking for people.) I’m just helping a good friend spread the word about a cool new bike brand. If you want to learn more, go to the website or check out their Facepage.


Oh yeah, make sure you come to the demo.

No comments: