Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Before, After, And In Between

Saturday was a full day.  Maybe not full enough to have three blog posts about it, but I don’t give a shit.  What I forgot to mention was that I got talked into going out to dinner on Friday night, something I don’t like to do unless it involves riding my bike first.  The little lady suggested a Cajun-type restaurant we’ve been to before, and I agreed.  After finding out the beer selection sucked, I ordered some high octane, fruity shit.

Peach something.  Lots of alcohol, and it wasn’t too bad.

I’m not sure if it was the girlie drink, the fried swamp critters, or something else I ate earlier, but by the time we made it home I was feeling quite shitty.  I mean, literally.  I ended up on the toilet a couple of times, and at one point I thought my insides were coming out.  I managed to get to sleep somehow, and woke up the next morning to the same ol’ shit (pun intended.)  

I wasn’t about to let that get in the way of a good time in the hills, so once I felt like I could ride down the highway without having an accident, we hit the road.  I thought that my stomach troubles were behind me but when we got to the parking lot at Lake James State Park I had to tear up the porta potty.

Whew.  That was a close call.

Our ride was fine, and afterwards I started feeling much better.  Since we were nearby, we headed into Morganton to Fonta Flora Brewery.  The little lady had never been there.  She was really impressed with this little place.



We grabbed some beer and sat outside, enjoying a nice day after a good ride.



My stomach issues seemed to be completely gone, which was good because I was trying to tear it up with beer.



Did you notice my new shirt from Pedal Pushers Club?  You like it, don’t you?  If you don’t then you just might be a roadie.

With my stomach emptied of its poisonous contents from the night before (and getting full of beer), we headed up the road to what has become the “after riding that part of the hills standard Mexican restaurant.”

I ordered the slop.



And Little Miss Sunshine got a little ass.



Another good day in the hills.  Some of it was painful though (not the riding part for once), but we capped it off by leaving there to pickup Carl, our new dog.

Watch out.  I think I’m actually starting to enjoy myself again.

No comments: