Friday, November 6, 2009

The Big Stampede



Okay, I’m not really doing a post today about a bunch of crazy horses. I mean, things are slow around here at B-43, but not that slow. I’m talking about The Big Stampede Southeast Bike Expo & Swap being held this Sunday at Lowe's Motor Speedway. It’s basically a giant swap meet where you can find all kinds of bicycling-related crap and nonsense. And you probably know by now, crap and nonsense is our specialty around here. They have old and new stuff for sale and trade, and there are many bargains to be found. I figured it’s an interesting way to spend a Sunday morning. I may just find something I can’t live without. Tune in Monday to find out.


This Saturday is the big Tarheel Trailblazers and Dirt Divas year-end party. It is held at Anne Springs Close Greenway in Fort Mill, South Carolina. We’ll start out with a trail ride and end with food and some malted beverages. This will be my first one. I’ve always had scheduling conflicts before (I’m just that busy I guess), so I am looking forward to it. Lunchbox and I will be in attendance. Little Miss Sunshine is taking a trip that day to Chapel Hill, NC to attend the UNC-Duke football contest. I know she will have a great time. Everyone will miss her at the party though.

Now that you have my tentative weekend schedule, I guess I should give you some entertainment. Here are some stupid things I’ve collected on the Internets. Yes, I am an Internets Art Collector in my spare time. Enjoy.


Very secure. Don’t even try to steal it.



The ultimate commuter/grocery getter.



I guess parts are hard to come by wherever that guys lives.



This is another example of a commuter bike. Just look at the storage capacity. Wow.



I’ve been workin’ on the railroad…

There. I hope you enjoyed my small, yet slightly hilarious collection. See you Monday.

No comments: