Monday, May 13, 2013

It’s Dangerous Out There


I did some fun stuff over the weekend.  However, last night I heard some news that kinda makes it feel a little less important right now.  A friend of mine from here in Charlotte was riding in the Cap2Cap Ride in Virginia this past Saturday and was seriously injured.  The sum it up, some jackass in a big truck tried to pass some riders in the group and ended up hitting my friend and another cyclist.  They were both air lifted to a local hospital after suffering pretty serious injuries.


Here’s a link to the news story:




The worst part about this is that the truck never stopped.  With a group of riders that big, he had to know he hit someone.  Instead, he kept on going.  The only description they have is that it was a red cab with a white trailer.  That’s really not much to go on, but if you know anything or hear anything, give the Virginia State Police a call at (804) 553-3445.


Riding on the road is dangerous, and that’s why I don’t do it very often.  However, I always enjoy big group rides because I feel much safer with other people around.  The Cap2Cap ride seemed like it would be pretty fun, and I bet the last thing that the riders were thinking was that they would be the target of some truck driver’s shitty actions.


I hope they find out who it was, and I especially hope that the riders are okay.


I might be back to normal stuff tomorrow, but for my friend and the other rider, it’s gonna take a while.  Please keep these guys in your thoughts.

No comments: